Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Who are you?

One of the ‘books’ in my job lot, actually an excised section from a larger volume, references two murders, which occurred in 1887. The author mentions Emma Smith, refers to Martha Tabram and sites two murders of women by ‘similar means’ – and discovered in the gutter in the early hours of the morning (one as recently as the 6th of August last).
I’ve haven’t heard of these victims. It would help if I knew the title of the book and the name of the author, all I know is the book has some age, and is a hard-copy judging by the spine. As I have a date (6th Aug) it shouldn’t be too difficult to discover the details of this crime!
Okay, the only reports I can find are on the Lipski case. But this book states: found in the gutter by similar means that's definitely not murder by poisoning and a body found under the bed.
So I could start searching for the book ... find the date of publication ...

Well, the section is taken from Chronicles of Crime, Beaver publication. No idea of the identity of the victim he mentions. Couple more strings and I'll give up on this search today.

No comments:

Post a Comment