Search This Blog

Thursday 30 June 2016

I’m looking for a man called George.

My graphologist chum said:
He’s a bloke.
Really! That’s amazing.
My graphologist rolled his eyes. Not many girls are called . . .  so you just want to know what sense I get from this man? He’s dead.
Now it’s my turn to roll my eyes.
Okay. There’s not much here. And letters, words, in isolation don’t mean so much. We’re looking for repetition of a pattern – at least three  . . .  that’s unlikely with this small sample.
So it’s pretty much worthless?
No. I can give you an impression . . . but . . .  He likes attention . . .  see the way the end stroke rises up above the end line. He craves attention. This end stroke is even higher than the upper stroke.
He’s sexually active and adventurous. Promiscuous. See the incredibly extended lower zone. But he’s a bit of a bigot . . .  his narrow middle E loop is non existent.
He has a sense of humour . . . see the long initial upper wavy line. Bit of a joker . . . but it’s barbed . . .  he tends to sarcasm . . . He’s also. . . impatient . . .  he’ll act without delay as seen by the dots ahead of the I’s and crossed T’s. But he’s quite at home in his skin.
Alright, anything in there that looks odd?
Odd how?
Out of the ordinary.
It’s handwriting. It’s all unique . . .
Now it’s my turn to sigh.
The X’s. They are aggressive. Nothing soft about the way he shapes that X. He presses so hard the contours of the nib are denoted. Crossed swords. Skull and crossbones . . .  that’s what it reminds me of. Out of place . . . it’s darker and he’s pressing heavier for that letter. Then there’s the capital K in the middle of a lowercase word . . . figurehead . . .  wants to be considered a leader. But the upperzone stroke is detached from the buckle, which looks like a golf club?! It’s all angular . . . and  big. . . like the X. Something about the X especially bothers him.
Is he capable of killing?
My graphologist’s Jaw drops. Finally he responds . . . I can’t say. There is aggression here but it’s disciplined . . . the sample is too small.
What about the signatures of George Hutchinson? Are they written by the same man?
No.
You’re sure?
As certain as I can be. Look at the formation of the G. It’s big and with wide loops . . . fluid . . . then look at this narrow little thing . . . and this is the signature that’s most superficially like these other six signatures. The man who wrote those (handwriting samples of men called G Hutchinson) didn’t write these. The same author wrote these three signatures (witness statement taken at Commercial Street Police Station and signed on three separate sheets of paper) although there appears a difference, but not if the surname is ignored. The first name, George, is written by the same hand and with confidence.
You’re sure?
Yes.

Right. So what does it mean? It means I’m looking for a man called George. I don’t know where he lives but he has a connection to Romford? – allegedly. He has military bearing and is stout. He could be around twenty-eight years of age. Job done!
Well I found Alfred Long’s alias (James Short) and I found Mary Kelly’s 'husband' (John Davies) how difficult can this be? I need another lateral thought and my mind is revolving about his military bearing, but that still leaves a gamut of army personnel. He states he has known Mary Kelly for three years . . . rules out Wales . . .  excludes Mary Kelly’s life in the West End and her sojourn in France. There is mention that Joe Flemming is George Hutchinson . . .  A George Hutchinson’s father was a stonemason – as was Joe Flemming . . .  So is there a George Flemming, with a connection to Essex, and who worked as a groom? Three lemons in a row . . . is that the Jackpot? Worth a look. I'll recognise that G anywhere . . .

I’m writing another book about Jack the Ripper. In this novel, I kill the bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment